REMINDER: Daylight Saving Time Ends Sunday (11/1)
Daylight Saving Time (DST) ends at 2am this Sunday, 11/1 in all states except Arizona and Hawaii.
At 2am this Sunday your clocks will "Fall Back" to 1am.
Good news for early risers: you will get to enjoy the sun rays with your breakfast and "Gain" an extra hour of sleep.
The bad news: It will be dark before most of us get off work.
- Daylight Saving Time is often misspoken as "Daylight Savings Time". There is no 'S'.
- Benjamin Franklin DID NOT invent daylight Saving Time; he only proposed a change in sleep schedules, not the time itself.
- A man named William Willett led the first campaign to enact DST, back in 1905.
- William Willett is great-great grandfather to the lead singer of Coldplay, Chris Martian.
- Germany was the first country to embrace DST.
- Hawaii and Arizona do not participate in Daylight Saving Time.